Firmware Engineer (Hayward, CA)
About Dash Robotics:
Want to be employee #8?
Dash Robotics is a small team committed to revolutionizing creativity and play for the mobile age by developing high quality, accessible connected toys. Dash has delivered thousands of our unique robots to rave reviews. Now we’re working with the best partners in the industry to bring robotics to every toy segment, from dolls to dinosaurs, for boys and for girls.
We have a small, passionate team with great investors and great partners. We’re building products that bring happiness to kids around the world. Sound interesting? If so, read on.
About the job:
You will be on the front lines of Dash Robotics’ product team, bringing the coolest robotics and tech to the toy industry. You will be rapidly prototyping and engineering new products and platform capabilities, putting smiles on kids’ faces all over the world
- 1 – 3+ years of professional experience with electrical engineering and/or embedded programming experience (C/C++) with ARM-based systems (e.g. Nordic nRF51822)
- Familiarity with prototyping, debugging and deploying electronic systems with WiFi, BT/BTLE, camera modules, USB, I2C, SPI and/or UART components
- Ability to debug and evaluate electronics using electronics lab tools (SMT soldering, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills, in both engineering and non-engineering context.
- Solid EDA tool user (EAGLE or Altium preferred)
- Experience with Keil IDE
- Rapid prototyping experience (3D printing, laser cutting, machining, etc.)
- Familiarity with designing electromechanical systems
- PCB design experience
- Be on the ground floor of a venture-funded startup, making major contributions to the development of new technology and products.
- Own equity in the company. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Work with a great team of people who love what they do.
- Team lunches and company-wide events and outings.
- Hiking trails, running trails, and a kayak launch out our backdoor.
- Free on-site gym and shower.
- Free, easy parking.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, please provide a very brief cover letter and a resume here.
Dash Robotics is an equal opportunity employer.