About Dash Robotics
Want to be employee #9?
Dash Robotics is a small team committed to revolutionizing creativity and play for the mobile age by developing high quality, accessible connected toys. Dash has delivered thousands of our unique robots to rave reviews. Now we’re working with the best partners in the industry to bring robotics to every toy segment, from dolls to dinosaurs, for boys and for girls.
We have a small, passionate team with great investors and great partners. We’re building products that bring happiness to kids around the world. Sound interesting? If so, read on.
About the Job
We’re building the backbone of connected toy tech at Dash Robotics, and innovative product design is a fundamental part of that. You will join Dash’s Product team as our second full time product designer. Your focus will be on original designs, as well as creating products based off our licensing partners’ IP. On a daily basis, you’ll be collaborating with roboticists, mechanical engineers, app developers, and other experienced product designers, to create toys the likes of which the world has never seen before.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the product team to conceptualize the design of new toys
- Translate designs and sketches into high quality digital models
- See your products all the way through from conception to physical prototype and manufacturing
Requirements and Skills
- 5+ years experience in an Industrial/Product Design position
- Highly proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience with some sort of 3D CAD software: Solidworks, Rhino, Maya, etc.
- Strong concept illustration skills– which you can demonstrate
- Ability to prototype physical models either by foam cutting, 3D printing, laser cutting, sculpting, etc. (We have a 3D printer and laser cuter in-house)
- Experience setting or maintaining visual brand cohesion across products and features
- Strong communication skills, in both design and non-design contexts.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with connected hardware or robotics
- Experience with design of children’s toys
- Experience with graphic production art
- Experience with software interface design
- Experience with web design, html, css
- Lots of enthusiasm for robots, connected toys, or education.
- Be on the ground floor of a venture-funded startup, making major contributions to the development of new technology and products.
- Own equity in the company. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Work with a great team of people who love what they do (and want you to love it, too)
- Team lunches and company-wide events and outings.
- Hiking trails, running trails, and a kayak launch out our backdoor.
- On-site gym and shower access.
- Free, easy parking.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, please provide a brief cover letter, a resume, and a link to your portfolio here
Dash Robotics is an equal opportunity employer.