Robotics Engineer (Hayward, CA)
About Dash Robotics:
Want to be employee #8?
Dash Robotics is a small team committed to revolutionizing creativity and play for the mobile age by developing high quality, accessible connected toys. Dash has delivered thousands of our unique robots to rave reviews. Now we’re working with the best partners in the industry to bring robotics to every toy segment, from dolls to dinosaurs, for boys and for girls.
We have a small, passionate team with great investors and great partners. We’re building products that bring happiness to kids around the world. Sound interesting? If so, read on.
About the job:
You will be a founding member of Dash Robotics’ R&D team, bringing the coolest of robotics and tech to the toy industry. You will be working on cutting edge problems and helping to put smiles on kid’s faces all over the world.
Dash Robotics was founded by robotics PhD’s, and we’re excited to bring on a full time robotics engineer focused on translating advanced robotics technologies into new connected toys.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rapidly prototype, test and develop new technologies for connected toys
- Primary responsibilities are R&D based, but you will also help oversee bringing new technologies into mass production
- This is a very open-ended position, potential areas of work could include computer vision, sensor algorithms, indoor localization & positioning, swarm robotics, etc.
- Master’s degree or higher in a related field OR 3+ years professional experience in a related field
- 0 – 3+ years of experience in robotics, algorithms, computer vision, or other related field
- Creativity to generate new ideas around tech, hardware, software, and play
- Capability to bring these ideas to life as functioning, practical prototypes
- Tenacity to help bring these prototypes into production
- Strong communication skills, in both engineering and non-engineering contexts.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Computer Vision / Open CV
- Sensor algorithms on microprocessors
- Indoor positioning
- Ability to work independently with lab tools (SMT soldering, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Rapid prototyping experience (3D printing, laser cutting, machining, etc.)
- Be on the ground floor of a venture-funded startup, making major contributions to the development of new technology and products.
- Own equity in the company. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Work with a great team of people who love what they do.
- Team lunches and company-wide events and outings.
- Hiking trails, running trails, and a kayak launch out our backdoor.
- Free on-site gym and shower.
- Free, easy parking.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, please provide a very brief cover letter and a resume to email@example.com.
Dash Robotics is an equal opportunity employer.