Firmware Engineer (Hayward, CA)
About Dash Robotics:
Want to be employee #12?
Dash Robotics is a small team committed to revolutionizing creativity and play for the mobile age by developing high quality, accessible connected toys. Dash has delivered hundreds of thousands of our unique robots to rave reviews. Now we’re working with the best partners in the industry to bring robotics to every toy segment, from dolls to dinosaurs, for boys and for girls.
We have a small, passionate team with great investors and great partners. We’re building products that bring happiness to kids around the world. Sound interesting? If so, read on.
About the job:
You will be on the front lines of Dash Robotics’ hardware engineering team, bringing the the latest in robotics and tech to the toy industry, and putting smiles on kids’ faces all over the world. You will be rapidly prototyping and engineering new products while building on our industry-leading connected toy platform.
- 1 – 3+ years of professional experience with embedded programming, focusing on microcontrollers and C/C++
- Familiarity with implementing wireless communication protocols, focusing on Bluetooth 4+ and WiFi
- Experience with prototyping, debugging and deploying embedded systems with some or any of the following: USB, I2C, SPI, UART or camera modules
- Ability to debug and evaluate systems using electronics lab tools (logic analyser, in-circuit debugger, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Worked on a robotics or IoT (internet of things) system for 12+ months
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Architectural thinking and the ability to build flexible platforms
- Strong communication skills, in both engineering and non-engineering context
- Algorithm experience, for example IMU-based motion recognition or PID controllers
- Experience with ARM-based systems (preferably Nordic nRF51 and nRF52 series)
- Implementing Bluetooth and WiFi security solutions (e.g. Bluetooth Secure Connections)
- Controlling electromechanical systems (e.g. servo motors, PWM-based motor drivers)
- Experience with Keil IDE
- Electronics prototyping and/or PCB design (EAGLE or Altium preferred)
- Be on the ground floor of a venture-funded startup, making major contributions to the development of new technology and products.
- Own equity in the company. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Work with a great team of people who love what they do. We have a friendly, supportive work enviornment where independence is valued, and we’re powered by the belief that happy people make the best products.
- Team lunches and company-wide events and outings.
- Hiking trails, running trails, and a kayak launch out our backdoor.
- Free on-site gym and shower.
- Free, easy parking.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining us, please click here.
Dash Robotics is an equal opportunity employer.