Mechatronics Engineer – ME Focus (Hayward, CA)
About Dash Robotics:
Want to be employee #8?
Dash Robotics is a small team committed to revolutionizing creativity and play for the mobile age by developing high quality, accessible connected toys. Dash has delivered thousands of our unique robots to rave reviews. Now we’re working with the best partners in the industry to bring robotics to every toy segment, from dolls to dinosaurs, for boys and for girls.
We have a small, passionate team with great investors and great partners. We’re building products that bring happiness to kids around the world. Sound interesting? If so, read on.
About the job:
You will be on the front lines of Dash Robotics’ product team, bringing the coolest robotics and tech to the toy industry. You will be rapidly prototyping and engineering new products and platform capabilities, putting smiles on kids’ faces all over the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rapidly prototype, test and develop new connected toy products and platform-level technologies
- Bring products from concept through prototyping, DFM, and to production
- Work cross-functionally with internal software and product teams and coordinate with external manufacturing partners to develop and produce top-quality products
- 1 – 3+ years of professional experience in mechatronics, mechanical engineering or a related field
- Excellent mechanical engineering skills, strong electrical skills
- Strong proficiency in Mechanical Design, Solidworks (or related CAD package)
- Familiar with electronics and electromechanical design
- Sharp electromechanical problem solving abilities, through a combination of innovation and best practices
- Ability to work independently with lab tools (SMT soldering, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Rapid prototyping experience (3D printing, laser cutting, machining, Arduino, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, in both engineering and non-engineering contexts.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Scaled Composite Microstructures
- Electronics design and PCB layout experience (EAGLE, Altium or similar)
- Be on the ground floor of a venture-funded startup, making major contributions to the development of new technology and products.
- Own equity in the company. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Work with a great team of people who love what they do.
- Team lunches and company-wide events and outings.
- Hiking trails, running trails, and a kayak launch out our backdoor.
- Free on-site gym and shower.
- Free, easy parking.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, please provide a very brief cover letter and a resume here.
Dash Robotics is an equal opportunity employer.